About Middle Management Insights
Middle Management Insights brings the career advice especially for tech and engineering domains.
The workplace politics, promotions, fights, career issues, career stagnation, org restructuring, interviews and recruitment, HR, salary decisions. It is well applicable to corporate jobs and career globally.
Whether you are in field engineering, R&D, software, many technical roles, program management/ project management, people management, personality development or innovation management, you would find insights here.
Career progression, career change, career break, career stagnation and anything else with career also would belong here. For some cases, you would also find my opinions on tech industry, government policies. If you are junior member, you would know the secrets here quickly and will learn to grow quickly.
About Ishwara Bhat
It is me – Ishwara Bhat. I have worked in USA and India. Visited and have done business with professionals across many countries – Japan, Korea, Australia, China, Vietnam, Hungary, India, UK, Germany, France, Sweden, USA, Canada.
I have led product R&D involving SW and HW end-to-end. I have worked for R&D and built teams, sustained businesses for Automotive (autonomous driving front camera sensor), smart building, IoT, smart homes, industrial automation, energy, wireless technology. Within software, I have hands-on experience in several programming languages, embedded systems, Microsoft technologies, networking, system engineering, solution architecture, Linux etc. I am doing consulting on machine learning, while driving a machine learning based technology development for my startup.
As business leader, I have built service business teams, hired hundreds of people, took care of people managements – salary decisions, appraisals, promotions, employee engagement etc.
I also had the hat of program manager where I led cross functional programs. I have been a PMP (PMI certified program manager) and agile (ACP) trained professional.
- Looking back, it was great to receive technical excellence awards for our products/projects in Honeywell.
- It is also a great feeling that the fire alarm system design I led, was commissioned in Burj Kaleefa – world’s tallest building.
- Also when we created Wi-Fi based gas sensor where I brought in the mesh networking to the sensor.
- When we see autonomous/assisted driving working on road, feel proud that I had a signficant role in bringing mono and stereo cameras out to the market.
- The technical accomplishments came along with 3 patents too.
- Apart from technical side, quite happy to have won new business accounts for engineering services and delivered by building teams from scratch.
- While leading people, it gave immense satisfaction to see newbies grow in strength and move up. Many have stayed in touch. In most teams, I have great track record in retaining people.
I have experimented quite a bit with job and career. Switched jobs, industries, roles and technologies. I have experimented with my persona, the way I deal with boss, peers and subordinates.
Do you have a career question?
Are you looking for a job, career change or troubled by office politics? Discuss it here and get help from experts for FREE.